SWIPE RIGHT/LEFT FOR NEXT/PREVIOUS PAGE

Click 'accept cookies' below to remove this message

 

18th July 2018

Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 18th July 2018 2pm Gnosall Health Centre Present Nicola Greaves (Practice Manager) –  Sharon Evans (Head of Support Services)  –  Alex Bradshaw (Chairman) – Sue Bradshaw (Secretary) – Victor Scofield (Vice Chairman) – Peter Dawson (Minutes Secretary) – Steven Lister – Ian Macmichael – Joy Macmichael – Geoff Brown – Lorna Wheeler – Geoffrey Woodhead – Dorothy Woodhead.– Trevor Ashton  – Richard Brandram Jones – Mary Bredenkamp (visiting from South Africa)

1. Apologies Thereza Forrester (Head of Patients Services)  – Jim Twiss – Simon Wheeler –  Alan Wheeler – Maggie Loveless – David Lang – Peter Gillard – Sue Barton – Peter Ash – Pat Alker – Joy Tuft – Dee Broadhead – Anne Castledine – Yvonne Brown – Derek Butlin

2. Minutes of meeting held 16th May were agreed. The Chairman would sign as a true record. 

3. Matters Arising

Nicola Greaves said the EMIS Summary Care record will not necessarily contain all information as not all the systems are joined up. An enriched record can be made available. Forms available at reception. There is quite a good take up for access with most finding it useful for ordering repeat prescriptions.Problems relating to repeat items being dispensed seem to have improved with a full time pharmacist now appointed.

4. News from the surgery

There won’t be a new female doctor appointed in the near future. Dr Macoll is still acting as a locum and we have the services of experienced locum Dr Raza.A female Clinical Pharmacist will start in the autumn. She will be able to carry out medication reviews and treat minor ailments.There are Urgent Care Practitioners available Monday to Friday who are under GP supervision. They have paramedic training and experience.

The documents relating to the NHS constitution and Statement of Purpose are legal documents and as such do no have to mention the forum.The podiatry clinic was not run by the Surgery who only provided the room.New patients are given an information pack but the leaflets provided by the forum could be added to the pack.Consideration will be given to the suggestion that sessions could be held by clinicians about subjects of interest.There is a requirement by NHS England to provide extended access to services from October 1st 2018. The plan is for this to be provided from 1st September together with practices in Stafford Cannock and Rugeley so that appointments will be available between 6:30 and 8:00 PM Monday to Friday. Details are still be confirmed as to which practice will open on which days, but these appointments will be for routine not emergency access. 2 sites will be open on each evening. Saturday access is provided in Stafford and may be extended to Sundays and Bank Holidays.Discussions are taking place with Katherine House so that a member of their team would be available to help with palliative care.Jessica Ward is available to help with low level mental health issues and appointments with her can be booked at reception.This year’s flu vaccination programme will offer three different vaccines according to age and any co-morbitites. Logistics still to be worked out.

5. Patients Participating Group and other external reports (PPG)

See attached statement about sharps.Maternity services will be changed so that women can have a single point of reference during pregnancy.Doctors are subject to a 5 year appraisal cycle.

6. Parish council matters

No news.

7. Treasurer's Report

No news.

8. Correspondence

The chairman showed an application form for a lay chair for the Performers List Decision Panel. The role paid role requires considerable knowledge and travel within England. More information on line.Day Lewis have not yet made any progress on the request for Saturday opening for the pharmacy. A suggestion was made for there to be a box in the pharmacy for prescription forms.

9. Patients recruitment to the forum and use of social and other media.

After a discussion, Trevor Ashton was asked to design a website not directly connected to the Health Centre website. Trevor made an appeal for suitable content for the site to be sent to him by email urgently.The Friends of Gnosall Surgery have been invited to come to forum meetings but have been reluctant to participate.

10. Any other business

Nothing to report.

11. Date of next meeting.

Wednesday 19th September at the surgery at 2PM.

Meeting closed at 3.58PM.