SWIPE RIGHT/LEFT FOR NEXT/PREVIOUS PAGE

Click 'accept cookies' below to remove this message

 

20th March 2019

Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 20th March 2019

2PM Gnosall Health Centre

Present

Alex Bradshaw (Chairman) Trevor Ashton, Sue Bradshaw (Secretary) Lorna Wheeler, Sharron Evans (Head of Support Services) Laurie Worthington, Peter Dawson (Minutes Secretary),  Ian Macmichael, Nicola Greaves (Practice Manager) Joy Macmichael, Pat Alker, Lynn Fellowes, Christine Jones

1. Apologies

Thereza Forrester (Head of Patients Services) David Lang, Hilary Maggs, Sue Barton, Dee Broadhead, Peter Ash, Anne Castledine, Richard Brandram Jones, Yvonne Brown, Geoffrey Woodhead, Jim Twiss Dorothy Woodhead, Simon Wheeler, Geoff Brown, Alan Wheeler, Victor Scofield (Vice Chairman), Maggie Loveless, Joy Tuft, Steven Lister

Presentation to Nicola.

 

4A46FE9A-86FC-4E51-A3AF-1C5F343DA469-446x640.jpeg

Alex spoke in tribute to Nicola Greaves who is retiring at the end of March; thanking her for her contributions both to the practice and the forum. He presented her with a card and a bouquet of flowers

2. Minutes 

Minutes of meeting held 16th January were agreed. The Chairman would sign as a true record.

3. Matters Arising and News from the Surgery

It had been agreed that it would be helpful to explain training roles via the big screen in the waiting area and on the website. The surgery is still waiting for this to be followed up by the forum.

Nicola Greaves reported that Liz Thompson has joined the nursing team and that Becky’s maternity leave is being covered by a locum. Thereza Forrester is leaving the practice in mid April for a promotion at a practice in Stafford. The recruitment process has been started to find a replacement. Leanne the Medical Secretary is leaving to go to a job at Rowley Hall Hospital. Dr Green who is training to be a GP is with the practice until August. Parina the Practice Pharmacist is available and has particular knowledge of respiratory conditions.

Nicola also announced that her replacement as Practice Manager is Lisa Smith who currently has a similar role at the Holmcroft Surgery in Stafford. She starts at the end of April but will be spending some time in Gnosall before that. Nicola also raised the topic of the National Data opt-out programme. If you do not want your data to be used for planning and research, you need to opt-out. To find out more, visit: nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters

Nicola was asked about removal of ear wax; she said that in general it is not generally advisable to do this but that it can be done if really necessary; it is not a risk free procedure

Nicola and Sharron left the meeting at this point.

4. Patients Participation Group and other external reports (PPG)

Alex reported that the area PPG sees the need to standardise IT systems; it will be a big task. Other practices in the area do not all have functioning PPGs or Forums so Gnosall is leading the way. Alex will attend the next meeting on 28th March.

5. Parish council matters

Pat Alker confirmed that the trees involved in the fatal accidents on the A518 are to be felled. Everyone in Gnosall should have received a copy of the GMK magazine. Elections to the Parish Council will take place if more than 16 people wish to be councillors.

6. Treasurer’s Report

Nothing to report.

7. Correspondence

Nothing to report.

8 Web Manager’s report

Trevor Ashton can be contacted by email at trevorashton@me.com 

Trevor again asked for any contributions to the website to be sent to him. The practice website still doesn’t have a link to the forum’s website and we would like to receive notices from the practice, on any matters concerning patients, e.g. Added or changes to, services. New appointments, Clinics etc.

9. Patients recruitment to the forum and use of social and other media.

Ian Macmichael reported that the production of a new leaflet has been delayed by the retirement of Nicola Greaves so that the photographs to be included are now out of date.

Ian is working with Steven Lister and will also involve Sharron with a view to producing a draft version for email comments very soon.

10. Any Other Business

Nothing to report.

11. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting is Wednesday 15th May at 2PM at the Health Centre.Meeting closed at 3:50PM.